Starting Point Appleton Spring 2023
Course runs from
2/1/23 to 5/3/23
Are you a young woman looking for direction in the areas of education, employment, self-esteem, and a healthy support system? Or maybe you’re a mother of young children looking for a way to provide for your family? If either of these descriptions speak to you, maybe Starting Point is for you. Starting Point is a free 13 week program that will empower you in many areas of life and provide a stable learning environment for your children while you learn. The Women’s Fund for the Fox Valley Region, B.A.B.E.S., Inc., and Fox Valley Technical College are partnering to offer programming to empower you for your future!
• Primarily Women ages 18 and older, with children or without
• Primarily women with an income level below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
• Women living in Calumet, Outagamie, Shawano, Waupaca, or Winnebago county
Parent and any child under the age of 5 will attend B.A.B.E.S., Inc. together. School age
children under 11 will participate through take home activities. Wednesdays, February 1,
2023 through May 3, 2023 from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. The last 4 weeks parents will
transition to class at Fox Valley Technical College-Appleton Campus while the children
remain at B.A.B.E.S., Inc.
A virtual option will be available Wednesdays, February 1, 2023 through May 3, 2023 from 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm. Childcare is not offered with the virtual version.
Time Management, Self-Esteem, Goal Setting, Comunity Resources, Career Development, Study Skills, Assertiveness, Healthy Relationships.
Grants available for moving forward with education without financial stress. FVTC ID available for free busing on Valley Transit.
Child Development Topics
Sharing With Others, Early Literacy, Resiliency, Recognize Feelings and Emotions, Agwe Appropriate Activities, Making Good Choices, Exploration Through Play, Listing Skills
Why would I want to take this workshop?
• Free, no cost educational opportunity
• Support System for you and your child
• Direct access to one on one support with FVTC
• All school fees for admission are waived ($45 value)
• Access to Diapers, Hygiene products, and gas assistance
• Access to free family fun activities
• Give your children a healthy environment to thrive
• Gain support from other parents